Busuu has more than 100 million members and enjoys wide popularity among many language learners. So, should you take the plunge? We discuss all in this Busuu review.
In this review, we'll dive into Busuu, its strengths and weaknesses, and what you can expect from its language courses. We’ll also compare it to some of the leading competitors and offer advice on how to get the most out of Busuu’s many interesting features.
Busuu is a worth while investment for both beginners and intermediates hoping to improve their grammar and vocabulary skills in a European language.
Busuu's non-European courses do seem to lack somewhat in quality. If you're hoping to use Busuu to learn Chinese, Japanese or Arabic we'd recommend finding an alternative software.
TL;DR Busuu Review
In case you want the quick pros and cons of Busuu, here's a list.
- One-stop-shop for lessons, social interactions, and live tutoring.
- Structuring options for travel and business.
- User-friendly interface.
- Set goals and track your progress with ease.
- The free plan isn't extensive enough to learn a language.
- Non-European languages are typically poorly taught.
- Grammar explanations are slightly limited.
- Language selection is smaller than other similar platforms.