Fact-Check & Editorial Responsibility: Kris Broholm
On today's show I'm happy to welcome Benson Hoi, a programmer by day and aspiring polyglot by night. Benson talks about programming and language learning, how he uses flashcards as well as some tips and tricks for learning the tones of Chinese.
Welcome to the 43rd episode of The Actual Fluency Podcast. Today I'm excited to be talking to speaker of 7 languages, Benson Hoi. Benson is a full time programmer, and lives out his language passion after hours, where he has studied countless languages to varying degrees.
In this episode you will hear about:
- How Benson learnt 7 languages and knowledge in many more
- The connection between programming languages and natural languages
- How programming allows him to live his dream of travelling the world and learn languages
- How he uses flashcards, particularly memrise, to aid him in learning
- How to use storytelling to teach the tones of Mandarin Chinese
- Much more!
This lists the resources relevant to the episode. For other language learning resources please go to the resource page for more information.
Kris is the founder of Actual Fluency, and has spent the last 8 years becoming an expert in language learning software, methods, and techniques.
Originally from Denmark, he now lives in Portugal and speaks 5+ languages at varying levels. His other interests are Wine, Online Marketing, and Travelling.