Today I'm very excited to welcome onto the show Mr. Jan van der Aa.
I had been following Jan for a long time before I got to meet him in Berlin, and we originally agreed to record an episode there. Unfortunately we both were so busy with having fun and socialising that we actually did not get time to do the recording there.
No matter! We agreed to do it on Skype instead. Jan is someone who I always wanted to get on the show, because like Benny Lewis, he is living the lifestyle that I want to live. This is a great benefit for the podcast host as I could ask Jan a lot of questions related to moving to foreign countries, learning the language and so on and so forth.
So join me and Jan in a fun and informative episode on how to be a travelling language learner – you won't regret it!
In this episode you will hear about:
- How Jan started travelling the world full time
- How he financed his travels
- Some of the countries he has been in
- Helpful travel techniques
- What he thought of Polyglot Berlin Gathering
- Language learning when moving to the country
- Some of his top tips for travelling and learning languages
Resources mentioned in the Episode
Note: I've removed most of the resources from this section, as I always had Anki/Memrise etc. here every week. Now I will only put resources here that are very exclusive to the episode. For any other resource please go to the resource page for more information.
- Non-Stop Travelling (Jan's blog – well worth a read!)
- Jan on YouTube – some great videos with famous polyglots!
- Jan's translation company
Kris is the founder of Actual Fluency, and has spent the last 8 years becoming an expert in language learning software, methods, and techniques.
Originally from Denmark, he now lives in Portugal and speaks 5+ languages at varying levels. His other interests are Wine, Online Marketing, and Travelling.