Have you ever tried using a language-learning app, only to find your language isn’t supported or the content falls short in quality compared to some of the more popular choices?
Today we’ll be taking a look at LingoDeer, a language learning app that specializes in the big three East Asian languages. With an in-depth look at its lessons and other features, you’ll be fully equipped with the knowledge of whether LingoDeer is right for you.
LingoDeer is a language-learning app and desktop platform that has remained under the radar for a while now. While it excels in it's Japanese, Mandarin and Korean courses, LingoDeer still has a lot of work to do on it's European Language offerings.
For now, at least, it offers a fun, inexpensive alternative to some of the bigger names on the market and will provide the fundamental basics you'll need to learn a language.
TL;DR LingoDeer Review
In a hurry? Here’s a quick rundown of the pros and cons:
- Clear and thorough explanations of writing systems
- Lesser-covered East Asian languages get the spotlight
- Grammar-focused lesson plan encourages true mastery
- Affordable in comparison to other competitors
- Repetitive, unvaried lessons
- Not all features available on the desktop version
- Not all languages have full-feature coverage
- LingoDeer and LingoDeer+ have separate subscriptions