Fact-Check & Editorial Responsibility: Kris Broholm
In this post I give a brief overview of Benny Lewis' course: Conversation Countdown, and how you can use it to get a very fast start in learning any foreign language.
What is Conversation Countdown?
Conversation Countdown is a video course created by Benny Lewis, the man behind Fluent in 3 Months. The course teaches you how to have a conversation with a native speaker of your target language in just 7 days.
What you'll learn in the course
- How to find native speakers to practice with, no matter where you live
- Avoid the awkwardness usually associated with starting to speak a new foreign language
- Develop confidence to speak in front of other people
- How to immerse yourself, just like children when they learn languages
- How to choose the words that are most effective to learn, so you don't learn unneccesarily rare words, you'll never use
- How to make your learning into a mission, for higher success
- How to become an independent, self-driven language learner
- How to start speaking a language way faster than you thought were possible
- How to have your first conversation with a real person in your target language – within a week.
- Find out more here >> Conversation Countdown
What does it cost?
The course costs $97 for lifetime access. However you can often pick it up in a bundle deal, so be sure to keep an eye out for that 🙂
Who is Benny Lewis?
Benny Lewis is a hyperpolyglot. Fluent in 7 languages, conversational in a few others and knowledge of many more. He has been travelling the world and learning languages, while documenting his journey on his website fluentin3months.com. After travelling the world for 10 years he published his book: Fluent in 3 Months and now he also runs a premium language learner's website: For more information on that site, be sure to check out my review of fi3m premium here.
After doing a world-wide book tour he returned to developing the ‘Fluent in 3 Months' website including adding new helpful products, that teaches people how to learn foreign language faster and more efficiently.
That's the end of my conversation countdown review for now. Be sure to let me know in the comments if you found CC useful.
Kris is the founder of Actual Fluency, and has spent the last 8 years becoming an expert in language learning software, methods, and techniques.
Originally from Denmark, he now lives in Portugal and speaks 5+ languages at varying levels. His other interests are Wine, Online Marketing, and Travelling.