AFP 87 – Tetsu Yung: Raising Multilingual Children
Today I'm joined by Tetsu Yung on his birthday!! To talk about raising multilingual children and the new polyglot event: North American Polyglot Symposium.
After two relatively business-heavy episodes it's great to get back into some pure language learning topics. I wanted to talk to Tetsu, because he specialises in how to raise children multilingually and is currently bringing his two children up with 5 languages.
It's a topic highly relevant to many people in the polyglot community demographic.
We also talk about the upcoming NAPS event in Montreal: The North American Polyglot Symposium.
Listen to the episode
- How Tetsu grew up speaking multiple languages
- How it felt as a multilingual child
- How to pick what languages to teach your kids
- What is OPOL and why is it important?
- What mistakes can new parents make in this?
- What is the best time to start teaching kids multiple languages?
- Should more languages be taught at the same time?
- The North American Polyglot Symposium in Montreal July 23-24
- And much more!
- www.facebook.com/PampersToPolyglot – Facebook page for Tetsu's first book: “Pampers to Polyglot: 7 Ideas for Raising Multilinguals Like Me”
- www.facebook.com/ImafuNoKosodate – Facebook page for Tetsu's mother's book (Japanese only):今風の子育て：バイリンガルからマルチリンガル グローバル化世界を歩む我が子へ
- www.youtube.com/asktetsu – Tetsu's YouTube Channel, with mainly language-related contents, including many clips of himself and his children speaking different languages.
- twitter.com/asktetsu Tetsu's on Twitter, dedicated to language.
- https://www.facebook.com/naps2016/ – North American Polyglot Symposium 2016 Facebook Page
Thank you for listening!
Thank you for tuning in to the show this week. If you have any feedback or questions for this episode, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments field below.
If you enjoyed the episode, don’t hesitate to share it using the social media buttons below. I’d also be super stoked if you would take a minute to leave an honest review of the show on iTunes. It really means a lot to me and the show and I appreciate you taking the time.
To stay updated with the show, use the following links to subscribe:
iTunes – For iDevices and PCs
Player.fm – Multi-platform support
Stitcher – Alternative to above
Thanks to this weeks guest, Tetsu Yung