On today's podcast episode I'm joined by Glossika founder, Michael Campbell. Mike and I talk about sentence-based language learning and how Glossika works. We also get into the state of language learning today, as well as a lot of other good stuff!
A note on the recording quality
The recording conditions were not ideal for this episode, which means that there are some static and slight volume inconsistencies. I apologise for this, and I will promise to work harder on it going forward. The reason for the poor quality is that I'm using a different computer from the one that broke on me a few weeks back, which takes some getting used to.
One of my ambitions for Season 2 is to streamline the recording process, upgrade the equipment and get professional help to ensure the quality level is at the maximum.
In this episode you will hear about:
- Sentence-based learning
- Traditional learning vs smart learning
- Learning dialects or obscure languages
- How learning to speak and understand is different from reading and writing
- How Michael got into the language learning business
- The difficulties of designing a language learning method
- The Glossika method
- And much more!
This lists the resources relevant to the episode. For other language learning resources please go to the resource page for more information.