On today's show I'm excited to be talking to Kerstin Cable. I first discovered Kerstin and her great blog; Fluent Language before I even started my own. Her professional website as well as top class writing really inspired me to create Actual Fluency.
Kerstin is a passionate language learner and teacher and shares in the episode a lot of tips and tricks on how to become a better teacher, how to get what you are worth and even how to build a fully fledged teaching business that allows you to be completely independent. Imagine teaching your native language, whist sitting next to a pool in a warm country and enjoying the weather. That's the life you can have if you just follow Kerstin's advice.
In this episode you will hear about:
- Kerstin's language learning journey
- What her philosophy is on choosing a language to learn
- The advantages of learning latin
- How to become a better language teacher
- How to avoid devaluing yourself
- And much more!
Resources mentioned in the Episode
Note: I've removed most of the resources from this section, as I always had Anki/Memrise etc. here every week. Now I will only put resources here that are very exclusive to the episode. For any other resource please go to the resource page for more information.
- FluentLanguage – Kerstin's Blog
- Episode sponsors
- Audible.com: The premier audio book provider. Get a free audio book from a selection of 150,000+ titles today!
Kris is the founder of Actual Fluency, and has spent the last 8 years becoming an expert in language learning software, methods, and techniques.
Originally from Denmark, he now lives in Portugal and speaks 5+ languages at varying levels. His other interests are Wine, Online Marketing, and Travelling.