Fact-Check & Editorial Responsibility: Kris Broholm
Happy Easter! In this episode I talk to Irina Pravet about identity, culture, the weather and also her experience learning Finnish in Finland.
I'm really happy to have Irina on the show. She's been living in several countries, learning multiple languages and now find herself in Finland for the 6th year. During the episode we talk about finding home, identity, the weather and whether it's possible to learn Finnish or not 🙂
Hope you enjoy it!
Listen to the episode
- The importance of identity in language learning
- The challenges of “finding home”
- How the weather affects people
- The difference in culture and people from different countries
- Tips for learning Finnish
- And much more!
- Irina's TEDx Talk: Can you learn the hardest language in the world?
- Irina's Gathering Talk (the “deep” one!): Beyond Language: lessons about life
- LanguageCatalyst.com – Irina's blog
Thank you for listening!
Thank you for tuning in to the show this week. If you have any feedback or questions for this episode, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments field below.
If you enjoyed the episode, don’t hesitate to share it using the social media buttons below. I’d also be super stoked if you would take a minute to leave an honest review of the show on iTunes. It really means a lot to me and the show and I appreciate you taking the time.
To stay updated with the show, use the following links to subscribe:
iTunes – For iDevices and PCs
Player.fm – Multi-platform support
Stitcher – Alternative to above
Thanks to this week's guest, Irina Pravet!
Kris is the founder of Actual Fluency, and has spent the last 8 years becoming an expert in language learning software, methods, and techniques.
Originally from Denmark, he now lives in Portugal and speaks 5+ languages at varying levels. His other interests are Wine, Online Marketing, and Travelling.