Richard DeLong comes on the show to share his experience of moving to eastern Europe and learning the languages around him quickly.
At the age of 17 Richard went to Slovakia as an exchange student and was able to quickly learn Slovak. Later he lived in Russia, Ukraine and finally Georgia where he resides now. Along the way he developed his own method of foreign language acquisition, which he dubbed: Frictionless Foreign Language Mastery.
This is what you'll hear about:
- How Richard went to Slovakia at 17 and learnt Slovak
- How he immersed himself in the languages to learn faster
- His techniques and methods for rapid language learning
- How to learn languages in Buffalo and what mistakes people generally make when learning languages
- and MUCH more
Listen to the episode
- Frictionless Foreign Language Mastery – Richard's website that details
- Richard's handbook (Amazon)
Thank you for listening!
Thank you for tuning in to the show this week. If you have any feedback or questions for this episode, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments field below.
If you enjoyed the episode, don’t hesitate to share it using the social media buttons below. I’d also be super stoked if you would take a minute to leave an honest review of the show on iTunes. It really means a lot to me and the show and I appreciate you taking the time.
To stay updated with the show, use the following links to subscribe:
iTunes – For iDevices and PCs
Player.fm – Multi-platform support
Stitcher – Alternative to above
Kris is the founder of Actual Fluency, and has spent the last 8 years becoming an expert in language learning software, methods, and techniques.
Originally from Denmark, he now lives in Portugal and speaks 5+ languages at varying levels. His other interests are Wine, Online Marketing, and Travelling.