On this third episode of the Actual Fluency Podcast I’m happy to welcome another Anthony, this time memory expert Anthony Metivier. Anthony comes on the show to answer all my questions about memory palaces and shares an exclusive bonus with the AFP audience.
Today I’m happy to welcome Anthony Metivier from Magnetic Memory Method. Anthony has become an incredible expert in the field of memory and memory palaces, and exactly the topic of memory places has been interesting me for a long time now, so I decided to invite him on the podcast to answer my very basic questions about them. Questions that I imagine you might be having out there in the world.
Anthony is also a podcast at the magnetic memory method and has interviewed some amazing people, including a few familar polyglots such as Luca Lampariello, Olly Richards, Timothy Moser and many more interesting guests. You can find the link in the resources below:
Special bonus exclusive for Actual Fluency listeners
Anthony Metivier was kind enough to offer a free memory kit to listeners of the podcast. All you have to do to claim the package is to enter your email address.
In this episode you will hear about:
- How Anthony got into learning languages and memory techniques
- How he discovered memory palaces and why they are so powerful
- What are memory palaces and why should we bother with them
- How to make memory palaces and the pitfalls in that
- My stupid questions to Anthony about memory palaces
- If memory palaces are as hard as they seem?
- Common myths surrounding memory palaces
- And much more
This lists the resources relevant to the episode. For other language learning resources please go to the resource page for more information.
- How to use a memory palace to boost your vocabulary – A huge guest post Anthony did for Fi3m
- Magnetic Memory Method – Anthony’s website, a hub for all this materials
- Magnetic Memory Method Podcast – Highly recommended!
- Anthony’s Gift to Actual Fluency listeners – Get your free memory kit!
Subscribing and interacting with the show
iTunes – For iDevices and PCs
Player.fm – Multiplatform support
Stitcher – Alternative to above
Subscribing and/or leaving reviews on the above platforms helps the show A LOT and is greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening!