The thirtieth! episode of the Actual Fluency Podcast and what a way to celebrate. Ever since before the very first episode, I knew I wanted to get Luca Lampariello on the show, as he was one of my main inspirations for even starting to learn languages in the first place.
I remember watching his YouTube videos years ago and thinking, man it would be awesome to talk to that guy and just find out more about this wonderful world of languages.
And what do you know – 6 years later I got the opportunity and this incredibly episode came out of it. I also got the opportunity to hang out with Luca earlier in the year in Copenhagen and he is just as great in person as he is in his videos.
In this episode you will hear about:
- What is The Polyglot Dream?
- Luca’s lessons learnt learning 10 languages
- How to coach languages instead of teaching them
- What is most important when learning languages
- How to manage your time
- How to avoid distractions
- How the community developed in the last 6 years
Resources mentioned in the Episode
Note: I’ve removed most of the resources from this section, as I always had Anki/Memrise etc. here every week. Now I will only put resources here that are very exclusive to the episode. For any other resource please go to the resource page for more information.
- The Polyglot Dream – Luca’s main blog
- How to master any language on your own – Luca’s 8 hour workshop
- Episode sponsors
- Audible.com: The premier audio book provider. Get a free audio book from a selection of 150,000+ titles today!
- Hostgator.com: My choice of professional web hosting provider. Hostgator makes it super easy to start your own language learning blog. Use coupon code: ACTUALFLUENCY to get first month for $0.01!